A treadmill is a piece of cardio equipment that allows the user to simulate running without much space being required, without worrying about weather conditions, traffic, or any of the other things that can interfere with a run outdoors. It is probably the most popular of form of cardio equipment found in gyms today as it is quite simple to use and uses a very natural motion.
Treadmills have a wide variety of benefits when compared to running outdoors:
- Exercisers can push themselves without having to worry about making it back to the starting point
- Running surface is consistent for the duration of the run
- Allows for exact adjustment of various factors (incline and speed)
- Provides a measurable result so that one workout can be compared to the next
- Provide information such as step count, heart rate monitors, amount of calories burnt, etc.
- Simplistic to use
- Allow the user to watch television, read, or do many other things while using it.
- Enables you to run indoors in bad weather
- Can be boring when running longer distances
- Provides less exercise than running the same distance at the same speed outside as there is not wind resistance
- Some users also believe that since the treadmill moves underneath you, that it doesn't require the same physical output as regular running
- Since they use a motor to power the belt, some treadmills can be quite loud
Treadmill Information & Reviews
Copyright © 2003 - 2006 Cindos.com. All Rights Reserved.