Car accident lawyer
If you have been in a car accident, it is important that you research your rights, and responsibilities. Since these change depending on the country in which the accident takes place, as well as the state or province in which the accident takes place it is important to check the regulations in your area.
Considering there is a car accident happening every 10 seconds in the United States (according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration), it is no wonder that many lawyers are specializing in this type of case. Car accident lawyers are located in most every major city in the United States.
If you are planning on taking legal action due to a car accident where someone else was at fault, you will have to prove negligence on their part. Drivers are legally expected to drive with "due care and caution under the circumstances". This means that even if the person was obeying the speed limit, they may still have been negligent for driving 55 Mph during a white-out with zero visibility.
Law courts and judges look for a number of factors when attempting to determine if there is a case of negligence. Some of the common forms of negligence are:
- Operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving in excess of the posted speed limit (surprisingly, driving below the speed limit may also apply)
- Not obeying traffic signs or signals
- Completing a turn without proper signalling
- Disregarding weather or traffic conditions
Find a car accident lawyer today